27134B Paseo Espada
San Juan Capistrano, CA 92675 USA
Phone: (877) 706-2255
1. How long does FrostyBowlz® stay cold?
The amount of time FrostyBowlz® will keep your pet’s water cooler than the ambient temperature depends on several factors, including the ambient outdoor temperature, whether or not the bowl is in direct sunlight and the temperature of the surface the bowl is sitting on. In general, FrostyBowlz® tests have shown it to keep water 30˚F to 40˚F lower than an ambient temperature between 90˚F to 95˚F. This chart shows you the aggregated testing results of FrostyBowlz®:
2. Do dogs really like cold water?
There is very little scientific research that can determine a pet’s preference of water temperature. Many of our customers have reported that their pets preferred the cooler water served from their FrostyBowlz®. Every pet is unique; some might prefer cooler water and others might not.
3. How do I return my items?
If you purchased your items from the www.frostybowlz.com website, you may view our return policy by clicking here . If you purchased your items from a retailer, you will need to return your items to that retailer as their return policy might differ from ours.
4. How do I know the FrostyCore™ is non-toxic?
The FrostyCore™ is filled with distilled water and a commonly found non-toxic super absorbent. These materials are also tested upon delivery to our U.S.-based warehouse for toxicity before being released to the public.
5. Can I use the bowl without the FrostyCore™?
Of course! The heavy-gauge stainless steel bowl has a non-skid bottom, and is perfect for everyday watering and feeding without the FrostyCore.™ You will find that the bowl is among the highest-quality feeding dishes available on the market.
6. Can I use the bowl to serve my pet’s food?
Of course! Many of our customers use the bowl with the FrostyCore,™ to keep their pet’s perishable wet food cool all day.
7. How long do I freeze the FrostyCore™?
You should freeze your FrostyCore™ a minimum of 8 hours for optimal performance.
8. My FrostyCore™ doesn’t fit tightly under the bowl.
It’s important to make sure you freeze your FrostyCore™ on a flat shelf, with the bottom facing down. If frozen sideways, the liquid inside might expand unevenly during the freezing process. The FrostyCore™ was designed to maximize the cooling properties for the longest period of time. In some cases, your FrostyCore™ might have minor expansion points, which is perfectly normal. However, the bowl, plate and FrostyCore™ are designed to fit loosely because of this. This will not affect the performance of FrostyBowlz® in any way.
9. Can I put the bowl and plate in the dishwasher?
Both the bowl and plate are dishwasher safe at any temperature.
10. Can I scrub the bowl and plate with a scouring pad?
Scrubbing your FrostyBowlz® bowl and plate with a scouring pad or heavy bristled brush will not harm the bowl, but might create micro scratches on the surface. Although this will not affect the performance of the bowl or plate, we have found that the bowl and plate are easily cleaned with a soft sponge and warm, soapy water. Alternatively, you can wash the bowl and plate in the dishwasher.
11. Can I put the FrostyCore™ in the dishwasher?
No, the FrostyCore™ is not dishwasher safe.
12. Should I wash the FrostyCore™?
Washing your FrostyCore™ is not necessary unless you see noticeable debris. If you wish to wash the FrostyCore,™ use a soft sponge or washcloth and warm, soapy water.
13. Do you have other sizes available?
FrostyBowlz is currently offered in three different sizes, 14 ounce, 28 ounce and 48 ounce. Other sizes are under development.
14. What size dog is your 28 ounce FrostyBowlz® good for?
A lot of research is available regarding the amount of water pets should consume each day. It always depends on the pet and the type of food they consume. A good rule of thumb for daily water intake is ½ to 1 ounce of water per pound of body weight. The 28 ounce bowl holds a sufficient amount of water for up to a 35 pound dog.
15. Will my FrostyBowlz® rust if left outdoors?
FrostyBowlz® is made of the highest quality stainless steel. Although nothing is truly rust proof, with proper care, your FrostyBowlz® should remain rust free for many years.
16. Can my dog get into the FrostyCore™?
The FrostyCore™ is made of a thick, durable plastic. When used properly, the FrostyCore™ is safely encased between the stainless steel bowl and plate. We do not recommend using the FrostyCore™ without the bowl and plate.
17. What do I do if my dog eats the FrostyCore™?
Although the freezable gel inside the FrostyCore™ is non-toxic, we recommend that you consult with your veterinarian in the unlikely event your dog ingests either the plastic or the gel .
18. Can I put my FrostyBowlz® it direct sunlight?
On warm days, your dog should always have access to shade. When possible, you should place FrostyBowlz® in an area that will have shade the entire day. However, FrostyBowlz® does still work well in direct sunlight, it just does not keep the water cool as long.
19. How does the ant barrier work?
The unique design for FrostyBowlz® includes the bowl and plate. You can fill the “moat” between the bowl and plate with a small amount of water to create a water barrier that many ants will not be able to cross. It’s important to point out there are many species of ants depending on your geographic region. Some species can be quite large and the barrier created by FrostyBowlz® might not be large enough to keep those out.
20. My password is not working / The price does not reflect my reseller discount
Clearing Your Browser Cache and Cookies
Occasionally when purchasing products from our online store https://shop.frostybowlz.com you will need to clear your browser cache and cookies. This is required when changes to your account have occurred since you originally created your account. These changes often include a change in your password, pricing discounts or when coupon codes have been changed or extended. To clear your browser cache, please find a list of helpful instructions below.
Internet Explorer 6:
- With IE 6 open, click on Tools and then Internet Options.
- Make sure you are on the General tab.
- In the Temporary Internet files section, click on the Delete Files button.
- This will delete all the files that are currently stored in your browsers' cache.
- Click OK, and then OK again.
- Make sure to close all browser windows and re-launch.
Internet Explorer 7:
To clear the cache in Microsoft Internet Explorer version 7, do the following:
- With IE 7 open, click on Tools in the program menu.
- Select Internet Options.
- A pop-up will be displayed. Under the heading, Browsing History, click the Delete key.
- Next, another pop-up will appear.
- Here, either choose a particular type of browser data to delete or click Delete All to clear all cookies, browser cache and more.
- Close and re-launch IE 7.
Internet Explorer 8:
- From the Safety menu in the upper right, click Delete Browsing History.
- Check Temporary Internet files, Cookies and History.
- Click Delete.
- Close all browser windows and re-launch IE 8
- Once your browser is open:
- Click the Tools menu and select Options....
- Click the Privacy button and select the Cache tab.
- Click the Clear Cache Now button.
Firefox 1.5 / 2.0 / 3.0:
Take these steps to clear the cache and cookies in Firefox versions 2-3:
- In the Firefox menu bar, click on Tools and select Options.
- Next, go to the Privacy tab and click Settings.
- Choose the type of data you wish to clear from Firefox (e.g. Cache, Cookies, Authenticated Sessions).
- Click the "Clear Private Data Now" button, close and re-launch Firefox.
- Return to the Options menu. If you want your cache cleared automatically, every time you close the browser, click the appropriate checkbox (shown in red in an earlier image).
- Take these steps to clear the cache and cookies in Firefox version 3.5:
- With Firefox 3.5 open, locate the Tools Menu at the top of the page.
- Choose Clear Recent History in the menu. (Alternatively, you can access this menu directly by pressing Ctrl+Shift+Delete.)
- On the Time Range to Clear dropdown, select Everything.
- Locate the Details button. This will open up and display different elements. Check each box.
- Click the Clear Now button.
- Once the process is complete, close all Firefox browser windows and re-launch.
- Open Firefox
- Click on Firefox in the upper toolbar and Select Preferences.
- Click the Privacy Icon.
- Click Clear across from the Cache option.
- Click Ok.
- Exit and re-launch the browser.
- Open Mozilla
- Click on Mozilla in the upper toolbar and Select Preferences.
- Click the Advance category.
- Expand Advance category and click on Cache.
- Click the Clear Cache option.
- Click Ok.
- Exit and re-launch the browser.
- Safari users can do the following to clear their browser's cache:
- With Safari open, click on History in the Apple tool bar.
- Select Clear History from the menu.
- Quit and then re-launch Safari.
Those using Safari version 4 can clear their browser cache and cookies using the following steps:
- With Safari 4 open, go to Settings >> Safari
- Click on Clear Cache, Clear Cookies and Clear History.
Google Chrome users can do the following to clear their browser's cache:
- With Google Chrome open, click on the Tool icon in the top right corner, next to the url field.
- Select Clear Browsing Data from the menu.
- Choose the type of data you wish to clear from Google Chrome (e.g. Cache, Cookies, History).
- Click the Clear Browsing Data Button, close and re-launch Google Chrome.
- Once your browser is open, select the Tools menu and click Delete Private Data.
- Click the Details button.
- If you do not wish to delete cookies, saved passwords, etc., remove checks from them in the list.
- Press Delete.
- Click Tools in the upper toolbar and select Options.
- Select Privacy under Options on the left side of the screen.
- Click Cache.
- Click Clear Cache.
- Click Clear.
- Click OK.
- Clearing your browsers cache is essentially just removing any copies of the webpage that your browser has stored in your computer's memory for quick access.
- It is good practice to clear your cache and delete your cookies regularly.Volusion support recommends clearing your browser at least once a week.
- Although it's not required by all browsers, restarting your browser after clearing the cache is a good idea. If you're using Explorer 4.x or Explorer 5.x it's better to restart the computer as well.
- Most browsers have an option to set automatic clearing of cache upon closing the browser, which can save you time.